Anthony Horvath, a contributor at Laigle’s Forum, is the Executive Director of Athanatos Christian Ministries which in turn is an apologetics organization with a unique bent: it aims not just to defend the Christian faith through evidence and argumentation, but by influencing the culture through the arts.
Their second annual online apologetics conference has a more narrow emphasis: a defense of Biblical marriage and the family through film, video, and movies. After all, the family is constantly being undermined in our movies and sitcoms. Homosexuality is being normalized right beneath our noses, and with it gay ‘marriage.’ The defense will have to be mounted not just at the political level, though. We’ll have to fight fire with fire. And, as it happens, Christians were never supposed to abandon the arts to secularists, anyway.
Please take the time to check out the conference home page: http://onlineapologeticsconference.com/
Since the conference is held online, you can participate from anywhere around the world. We look forward to seeing you there.
(Topics, if listed, are tentative)
- Gene Edward Veith, Jr. Provost and Professor of Literature at Patrick Henry College, the Director of the Cranach Institute at Concordia Theological Seminary, and columnist for World Magazine. Website. Topic: “Cultural Apologetics.”
- Jason Jones, Co-executive producer of the award winning Bella and president of the Bella Hero Project and humanitarian project, I Am Whole Life
- Dallas Jenkins, Producer/Director of Jenkins Entertainment (eg, What If and Though None Go With Me)
- Dick Rolfe, CEO of the Dove Foundation “Using Hollywood to Win the World.”
- Dr. Angus Menuge, Concordia University Wisconsin. “C. S. Lewis on Domesticated Living.”
- Dr. Ryan MacPherson, Bethany Lutheran College. President of The Hausvater Project. “The Biblical Model of Marriage.”
- Mikel Del Rosario, Apologeticsguy.com. “Families Under Fire: Defending a Biblical view of Marriage and the Family through the Visual Arts.” Info
- Mr. Anthony Horvath, Athanatos Christian Ministries.
- 1st Prize Winner of ACM’s Christian Writing Contest.
“A picture is worth a thousand words.” Whether this is good or not, it is the reality. Today, attitudes and beliefs are often shaped by the things we see and the movies we watch. For some Christians, this would prompt them to consider withdrawing altogether from our media rich society. However, movies, music, art, and literature are all expressions of human creativity- and humans, though fallen, still are made in the image of the Creator God. Our artistic endeavors bear witness to our created nature and therefore have the potential to open eyes, hearts, and mind to the nature of the Creator.